HughesNet Standard Residential Installation
|Standard Installation includes:|
- The HughesNet satellite modem (Indoor Unit or IDU) with power supply – connected to your computer with a HughesNet-supplied LAN cable.
- A HughesNet satellite antenna (dish), radio, and mount. The antenna will be located:
- With a clear line of sight to the southern sky.
- At least 5 feet off the ground so that it is out of reach of small children.
- So that it is accessible with a 25-foot ladder for quick and easy servicing should it ever be required. Usually on the first level of the residence.
- Up to 125 feet of RG6 Dual Coaxial Cable
- Run outside from the antenna to the HughesNet modem.
- Through a single exterior wall penetration to an adjacent interior wall.
- Terminated on the inside wall with a two-connector faceplate.
- A grounding block is provided and the entire system grounded to an NEC-approved bonding point.
- All outdoor penetrations and water-resistant compression fitting are thoroughly weather-sealed.
Non-Standard Residential Installation may include, but is not limited to the following:
Customers sometimes want to enhance or customize their installation to specific requirements. Some of the more common enhancements
are mentioned below. While they are not included in a HughesNet standard installation, these enhancements may be purchased directly
from our independent HughesNet installer. All costs for non-standard work or equipment will be itemized by the independent HughesNet
installer on the HughesNet Installation Reference Sheet and require your authorization signature before proceeding.
- Wireless or hard-wired network routers.
- Configuration of your computer(s) to work with a wireless or hard-wired network router.
- Major customization on your HughesNet system that would require the installer to
- Spend excessive time onsite to meet customer-directed requirements.
- Purchase special materials, molding, or cosmetic hardware to hide exposed cables.
- Remove, repair, or build structures to hide or support the HughesNet system.
- Multiple site surveys requiring more than the installation visit to determine possible HughesNet dish locations.
Any additonal charges that you agree to after the installer has done a site survery
are payable to the installer at the time of your installation.